6.2.10

Food for Words

There are times when only a chocolate bar, preferably Bounty or Chocolatina Jet (Colombian bar) can make all things better. These times unfortunately, are quite frequent in my agenda. I know for a fact that I am not the only one with this shortcoming, I've seen it on Oprah. In fact, I can recall watching more than one episode on Oprah about emotional eating. If Oprah says so, this is a problem.

Actually, this is a huge problem. Emotional eaters plus a hungry unregulated fast-food industry, ICKES!  I went to Orlando a while back and I was astounded by the amount of food constantly thrown in your face: "Buy 1 large pizza and get 3 for FREE (plus 2 litre pop)". Dangerous? Well, have you watched Half Ton Teen? Enough said.

Just remembering all the food makes my insides turn. And than the words of Winston Churchill come to mind, "Eating words has never given me indigestion". This struck me in the core.Say good-bye to that horrible feeling after eating a greasy combo. Instead, when the urge strikes indulge in an enlightening book. Imagine if we became 'knowledge obese'?

I for one am going to substitute food for words.

WARNING: For the record I am not promoting any sort of eating disorder.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails